Official website of the City and County of Honolulu
  You are here:  Main / Customer Services / Public Communications Division / Frequently Asked Questions

City Information on Twitter


The City and County of Honolulu receives recurring requests for information about city services. For your convenience, the following includes questions most frequently asked and responses. 

  • Motor Vehicle and Licensing for County of     Hawaii     Maui     Kauai

  • How can I get bid information or subscribe to your vendor database?
    The Division of Purchasing does not maintain a vendors database. They do provide a listing of current bids, as well as the purchasing handbook and a request form for a copy of a bid or proposal. Please contact the Division of Purchasing directly if you are interested in a particular bid or proposal.

  • Where can I get a Hawaii license plate for my collection?
    The Division of Motor Vehicles and Licensing sells a single plate of the Hawaii license with the rainbow design. The letters "SAMPLE" are used for the license number. The $10.00 cost includes shipping, and only checks are accepted. To request a sample license, send a written request with enclosed check made out to "City and County of Honolulu" to:
    Division of Motor Vehicles and Licensing
    P.O. Box 30330
    Honolulu, HI 96820
  • A webpage on the City and County of Honolulu website is not displaying properly.
    If you are having difficulty viewing a webpage or accessing an On-line Service click here to email Technical Support. Please also include:
    The URL or the Name of the webpage you are having difficulty accessing.
    A description of what happened.
    Any message that displayed.

  • How do I get a copy of a birth certificate?
    State of Hawaii vital records include birth, death, marriage and divorce documents that are filed when such an event occurs within the state. Information about where to get copies of birth and death certificates is available from the State Department of Health, Vital Records Section.

  • We want to get married in Hawaii. Where do we make arrangements?
    You apply for a marriage license with the State of Hawaii. Application information is available from the State Department of Health, Vital Records Section. Additional information is available from the Hawaii Visitors & Convention Bureau.

  • I'm doing a research paper. Can you tell me more about your site, like how many visitors and who is allowed access to the internet?
    The main purpose of the City and County of Honolulu web site is to provide easier on-line access to information about city services and agencies. The Department of Information Technology administers the city web sites and provides web services, support, and training to agencies. Each agency is responsible for the contents of its web pages, with much of the work done by employees who have learned on the job, in addition to their routine duties.
    Internet access permission in each office is determined by the specific agency, and provided through our local area network and a link to the State of Hawaii and University of Hawaii.

Please note that the links on this site are provided as is for your convenience. The City and County of Honolulu has no responsibility for the contents of pages provided by others. Thank you for visiting our site!

Email: Information Section, Department of Customer Services