The City has a Complaint Office that can assist in having the appropriate department respond to concerns and complaints from the public on matters that fall under the jurisdiction of the City and County of Honolulu.
"Agencies may take up to 10 work days to complete a response to your concern. However, depending on the issue, it may take longer.
It is City policy for its agencies not to reveal the identity of sources that furnish information"
Your inquiry may be handled by:
* However, you are welcome to communicate directly with the division or section which deals with any of the issues listed below by email or calling the listed number.
Where to Call
Abandoned or derelict vehicles
** Please have the vehicle's description (make, model, color, etc.), license number, and location address or intersecting streets available when placing a call.
Normal Working Hours - 733-2530
24-Hour Information Recording - 532-7700 - during greeting press 250
If the area from the curb (or road edge in the case of unimproved sidewalk setback) to the private property line shows evidence of being cracked, uplifted, blocked by overgrowth, obstruction (other than by vehicles which Honolulu Police Department handles via 911), or hole, etc., call the Housing Code Section, Department of Planning and Permitting at 768-8159.
Call Golf Course Administration, Department of Enterprise Services at 733-7381.
For mowing, watering, restroom cleanliness, swimming pool, tree trimming, playing fields, parking, etc., handled by the Park Maintenance and Recreation Services Division, Department of Parks and Recreation, call:
- East Oahu District Office (Sandy Beach Park to McCully, including Kapiolani Park) at 373-8013;
- West Oahu District Office (Punahou Street to Aiea, including Ala Moana Regional Park and Thomas Square) at 522-7074;
- Leeward Oahu District Office (Pearl City to Waianae, including Ewa Beach to Wahiawa) at 675-6030; and
- Central Oahu District 5 Office (Central Oahu Regional Park, Hans L'Orange Park, Waipio Soccer Complex) at 677-8849; and
- Windward Oahu District Office (Makapuu to Mokuleia) at 233-7300.
Refuse Collection and Disposal
For non-collection, automated collection system issues including repair, damage to private refuse receptacles, route scheduling, placement location of receptacle, green waste disposal, removal of receptacles, etc., handled by the Refuse Collection and Disposal Division, Department of Environmental Services, call:
- Honolulu District Office (Salt Lake to Hawaii Kai) at 832-7840;
- Pearl City District Office (Aiea, Pearl City, Waipahu, Makakilo, Ewa & Kapolei) at 455-9644;
- Kapaa District Office (Waimanalo to Ahuimanu) at 262-7298;
- Laie District Office (Kahaluu to Waialae) at 293-5657;
- Wahiawa District Office (Wahiawa, Kunia, Mililani) at 621-5241; and
- Waialua District Office (Waialua, Haleiwa - Sunset Beach) at 637-4795; and
- Waianae District Office (Honokai Hale to Makaha) at 697-1178.
All areas of Oahu are on a no-call, regular monthly collections schedule for bulky item pickup. Pickup is conducted over a 3 - 4 day period. All your items must be placed at the curb by 6:00 am on the first day only. Bulky items must not be placed at the curb any earlier than the day before your collection day. If you have questions regarding acceptable items for pickup, pickup schedules or sector boundaries, please call the refuse collection office for your area listed above.
Bulky Items website: http://www.opala.org/solid_waste/bulky_item_pickup.html
Bus and Paratransit (Handi-Van) Operations
For inadequate service or routing, late or no show of service, vehicle or bus stop maintenance, etc., handled by the Public Transit Division, Department of Transportation Services at 768-8300.
Motor Vehicle Registration and Drivers Licensing
Call 532-4324 or 532-4325 for vehicle registration, transfer of title, notice of transfer, etc., 832-4117 for road test appointment or 832-4112. Click Here to Schedule a Drivers License Road Test Appointment On-line. for driver license, learner permit, duplicate license, testing requirements, etc., 733-2530 for abandoned or derelict vehicles, handled by the Motor Vehicle Registration & Driver Licensing Division, Department of Customer Services.
Animal Cruelty, Pet Adoption, and Domestic Pet Spay/Neuter Program
For investigation of cruelty to animals, or for assistance with pet adoption and spay/neuter programs, call the Hawaiian Humane Society at 946-2187.
For placement, replacement, trimming, removal, relocation, donations, etc., of City trees, handled by the Urban Forestry Division, Department of Parks and Recreation at 971-7151.
Satellite City Halls
For improvement in the manner of providing City services to the public, handled by the Satellite City Hall Division, Department of Customer Services at 532-7747.
Email: Information Section, Customer Services Department