|You are here: Main / Customer Services / Public Communications Division / 2014 / 01/24/14 TheBus offers express shuttle service for Pro Bowl|
Friday, January 24, 2014
Contact: Jay Parasco, 768-4370
TheBus offers express shuttle service for Pro Bowl
HONOLULU – Mayor Kirk Caldwell today reminded the public that TheBus will offer a shuttle service, “FootballExpress!” to bring fans to and from Aloha Stadium for the NFL Pro Bowl on Sunday, January 26, with pickup locations in convenient areas all over the island.
50 air conditioned buses will pick up residents from neighborhoods across Oahu and drop them off at the stadium gates. The cost of the service is $6.25 one-way. As this is not a regular bus service, no bus passes or transfers will be accepted.
“Taking the FootballExpress! means saving on gas and parking, avoiding driving in traffic, getting dropped off right at the stadium, and no drinking and driving,” said Mayor Kirk Caldwell. “We’re looking forward to an exciting Pro Bowl this year with a brand new format. Please ride TheBus or carpool to the game because there will be a big crowd of NFL fans.”
Pick-up locations and times:
· Ala Moana Center: Ala Moana Boulevard (NO FootballExpress! Parking.) 11 a.m. to 12:40 p.m. Frequent service throughout timeframe.
· Waikiki: Monsarrat at Kapi‘olani Bandstand 10 a.m. to 12:50 p.m. Frequent Service throughout timeframe. Prepaid roundtrip tickets available at Kapi‘olani Park location ONLY.
· Downtown: Alapai Transit Center – Bus Stop #1 11:57 a.m. – 12:52 p.m. Frequent service throughout timeline.
· Hawaii Kai: Keahole St. – Hawaii Kai Transit Center 12:10 p.m.
· Kahala: Waialae/Kilauea Across Kâhala Mall on Waialae 12:20 p.m.
· Kaimuki: Koko Head/Waialae Fronting Liliuokalani Elementary 12:15 p.m.
· University of Hawaii: Sinclair Circle 12:25 p.m.
· Palolo: Waialae/Palolo fronting McDonalds 12:17 p.m.
· Village Park: Kupuohi St. – Royal Kunia Park & Ride 12:47 p.m.
· Kapolei: Kamokila Blvd. at Kahuhihewa State Building 12:35 p.m.
· Mililani Mauka: Ukuwai St. – Mililani Park & Ride 12:30 p.m.
· Ewa Beach: Fort Weaver/Kaimalie before Ewa Beach Shopping Center 12:20 p.m.
· Kalanianaole/Kailua: Across Castle Medical Center 11:55 p.m.
· Kailua: Keolu/Hele: Across Enchanted Lake Shopping Center 12:00 p.m.
· Kailua/Hahani: Kailua Shopping Center 12:05 p.m.
· Kane‘ohe Bay/Mokapu: Fronting Aikahi Shopping Center 12:10 p.m.
· Kaneohe Bay/Makalani: Across Windward City Shopping Center 12:20 p.m.
Kickoff is at 2:00 p.m.
For more information, please call 848-5555 or visit www.TheBus.org.
- END -