Official website of the City and County of Honolulu
  You are here:  Main / Customer Services / Motor Vehicles, Licensing and Permits Division / Replacement Plates or Emblems

City Information on Twitter


Replacing Plates or Emblems

If your license plates or emblem are lost, mutilated or stolen, you must get a replacement. They are available at a full-service Satellite City Hall or by mailing to the Division of Motor Vehicles and Licensing, P.O. Box 30330, Honolulu, Hawaii 96820-0330.

To obtain a replacement, you must:

  • Complete Form CS-L(MVR) 3 which must be signed by the vehicle's registered owner.
  • Submit the current Certificate of Registration.
  • Return the remaining plate (if it is available).
  • Submit the payment of fee.
  • Report the loss or theft to the Honolulu Police Department.
Special Personalized License Plates
To order your Personalized License Plate on-line and for more information, go to HONOLULU's On-Line Special Personalized Plate Order System.
Organization License Plate/Decal 
For more information go to Organization License Plate/Decal Program.

Email: Information Section, Customer Services Department