Official website of the City and County of Honolulu
  You are here:  Main / DFM / DRM / Frequently Asked Concerns

Road Maintenance 

Duties and Functions


Sidewalk Maintenance Program

Frequently Asked Requests that are Division of Road Maintenance Responsibility

Frequently Asked Concerns to be Referred to Other City Agencies

Important DRM Links

Pothole Hotline (808) 768-7777

Graffiti Hotline (808) 527-5180

Clean Stream Project (808) 768-7890



Frequently Asked Concerns To Be Referred To Other City Agencies

1. Call the Department of Planning and Permitting at 768-8159 for the following sidewalk repairs, deficiencies and concerns:


o       Concrete or asphalt sidewalks in need of repair

o       Planting strip not level with concrete sidewalk

o       Erosion of unimproved sidewalk area

o       Driveway in need of repair

o       Obstructions within sidewalk area

o       Trees, plants, hedges and roots in sidewalk area

o       Branches overhanging sidewalk

o       Tree wells including covers

o       Trees, hedges and overgrowth within private property


2. Request for street signs at new locations Call the Department of Transportation Services at 768-8305.


3. Request for an Adopt-A-Stream Program and Adopt-A-Block Program Applications - Go to the Department of Environmental Services Storm Water website. 


4. Request for Bulky Item Pick Up - Go to the Department of Environmental Services Refuse website.


5. Request for Dead Animal Pick Up in the Honolulu Area - Go to the Department of Environmental Services Refuse website.

Last Reviewed: Monday, July 18, 2011