The Committee for Accessible Transportation provides counsel and advice to the Director of the Department of Transportation Services concerning the transportation goals and objectives for the elderly and persons with disabilities.
- Provide advice regarding fixed route transit and paratransit issues as well as transportation planning and operational issues.
- Provide guidance and advice regarding accessible public transportation services for the elderly and persons with disabilities.
- Efficiently utilize existing transportation services and facilities for the elderly and persons with disabilities.
- Minimize physical, operational, and psychological barriers to the use of the public transit system.
- Provide continuing transportation services according to the needs of elderly and persons with disabilities.
- Support the coordination of paratransit services with fixed route transit services.
- Provide guidance and advice to achieve efficient service at the lowest possible cost to the consumer.
- Ensure that transportation services for the elderly and persons with disabilities are provided in a manner which minimizes duplication or overlap and enhances system efficiency and economy.
- Maximize the use of City, State, Federal and other funding to provide transportation services to the elderly and persons with disabilities.
- Ensure that the public participation process conforms to national policy and is sensitive to changing conditions.
- Ensure that all transit services and facilities are in compliance with appropriate City, State and Federal requirements.
The following is a list of members and member agencies of the Committee for Accessible Transportation.
Regular Member Agencies (voting)
At-Large Community Representative
- Alicia Maluafiti
Ex-Officio Members (non-voting)
The CAT meets at least four (4) times a year. Meeting notices are posted in the City Clerk's Office at least six (6) days prior to the meeting date.
December 2007 (44KB PDF)
Note: PDF files require the Adobe Reader from Adobe Systems, Incorporated. Adobe and the Adobe logo are trademarks of Adobe Systems, Incorporated. Click on the following link to download.