What Information do I need at my In-Person Interview?
Although you do not need to complete a paper application, you can help speed your eligibility determination by bringing the following information with you to your interview:
· Your contact phone numbers (home, cell, work)
· Your complete street and mailing addresses
· Emergency contact names, relationships, phones (home, cell, work)
· Health care provider names, complete addresses, phone and fax numbers, and contact names
· List of medications you are currently taking (OPTIONAL)
· All mobility devices that you use, including power and manual wheelchairs, scooters, walkers, canes, etc.
· The manufacturer, make and model number of your wheelchair or scooter
· Location of the bus stop closest to your home and the addresses of destinations to which you frequently travel
· List of the barriers between your home and the closest bus stop (i.e., hills, no sidewalk, no curb cuts, uneven surfaces, busy intersection)
· Optional: Supplemental information from your healthcare or disability service provider regarding your ability to use fixed route bus service, if you choose
· Optional: If your vision is impaired, a Visual Acuity or Field of Vision Statement from your vision care provider
Although the in-person assessment is replacing the paper application/health provider statement process, it may be necessary for the
Some applicants may be asked to participate in an in-person functional assessment in order to more fully assess their eligibility for TheHandi-Van paratransit services. Functional assessments will help identify your abilities to use public transit. and will be conducted at no cost to you.
Note: PDF files require the Adobe Reader from Adobe Systems, Incorporated. Adobe and the Adobe logo are trademarks of Adobe Systems, Incorporated. Click on the following link to download.