Call the Ethics Commission at 768-7786 Before You...
Email: email@example.com Before You…
· Accept a gift from someone doing business with the City.
· Work for a person or a firm or own all or part of a firm that does business with the City.
· Take any action as a City officer or employee that will financially help you, a member of your family, a business you own or work for, or anyone with whom you have a business, financial, or close personal relationship.
· Use a City resource for non-city purposes.
· Communicate with a City agency on behalf of a private person or entity.
· Use confidential City information for a non-City purpose or disclose it to a private person or firm.
· Accept anything from anyone other than the City for doing your City job.
· Ask another City officer or employee to work on a political campaign or to make a political contribution.
· Enter into a business or financial relationship with another City officer or employee.
· Act as a lawyer or consultant against the City's interest in any legal matter.
· Discuss possible future employment with a firm you are dealing with in your City job.
· For one year after you stop working for the City, work on a project involving the City.
A Selected List of Commission Publications
Visit our website at www.honolulu.gov/ethics or call 768-7787 to obtain copies.
Abstention From Voting
Appearances in Advertisements
Employment after Leaving City Services
Gifts and Intergovernmental Agreement Guidelines
Guidelines on Gifts to City Agencies
Guidelines on the Use of City Resources
Procedures for Handling Requests for Advice and Complaints
Real Estate Licenses
COMPLETE TEXTS OF THE CITY ETHICS LAWS
Revised Ordinances of the City and County of Honolulu 1990, Chapter 3 Additional Boards, Commissions and Committees. Refer to Article 6, Ethics Commission and Article 8, Additional Standards of Conduct.
Revised Charter of Honolulu 2000 Edition, Article XI Standards of Conduct
Section 11‑101. Declaration of Policy
Section 11‑102. Conflicts of Interest
Section 11‑103. Disclosure of Interest
Section 11‑104. Fair and Equal Treatment
Section 11‑105. Future Employment
Section 11‑106. Penalties and Disciplinary Action for Violations
Section 11‑107. Ethics Commission
Section 11‑108. Registration of Lobbyists
Revised Charter of Honolulu 2000 Edition, Article XIII General Provisions, Section 13‑101. Definitions
THE PLAIN LANGUAGE GUIDE TO ETHICS
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
To schedule a specialized training session at your agency, call (808) 768-7786.
Honolulu Ethics Commission
Standard Financial Plaza
715 South King Street, Suite 211
Honolulu, Hawai'i 96813-3091
Phone (808) 768-7787
Fax (808) 768-1283 or 768-1352