USE OF CITY PARK FACILITIES
Persons requesting a permit to use a park facility for the purpose of expressing views or engaging in other activities protected by the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, please click on the link on the left side of this page: "First Amendment Activities." All other persons desiring to use a park facility must have an approved "Use of Park Facilities" permit to:
- Conduct any organized activity, e.g. sports tournaments, meetings, or workshops.
- Reserve the use of recreation facilities including fields, gyms, rooms, and pools (no private parties allowed).
- Have a group picnic of 50 or more persons.
- Drive any vehicle on grassed areas.
- Play or amplify loud music or use loudspeakers.
- Land hang gliders, helicopters, or parachutes.
Deposits and/or fees may be required.
Fees/Charges for Park Use.
- Attendant/Custodian fees for use of recreation facilities. $15 per hour of use.
- Processing Fee for fundraisers. Fee varies.
- Fundraising Rental Fee. Fee varies.
- Kitchen Use. $25 per day of use.
How to Get a Permit.
- First, call the park you wish to inquire about for availability.
- Next, complete and submit an "Application for Use of Park Facilities" form NO LATER THAN three weeks prior to the date you wish to use the facility. Make sure that the park director of that park has approved the activity you are requesting. The forms can be obtained at any park or at the Parks Permit Office at 650 South King Street, Honolulu, Hawaii 96813. After your form has been received and processed you will be notified to pick up your permit at the Parks Permit Office. You can make any required deposits and fees at that time, personal checks are preferred. Deposit checks will be deposited into the City Treasury. If your event did not cause any damage to the site of your event and you have removed all trash generated by your event, you will be reimbursed the amount of your deposit within 90 days after your event date. A City Treasury check will be issued and mailed to the party as noted on the Park Use Permit.
For more information please call the Parks Permit Office. Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. weekdays. The office is closed on weekends and holidays.