Available Services Assessment and Transition
Education and Public Awareness
- Networking with various agencies and individuals to assist people with disabilities in accessing park programs.
- Support systems: Identify accommodations and modifications/adaptations needed.
- Transition: Assist in transition from specialized programs into general recreation programs (inclusion).
Information and Referral
- Ability Awareness: Develop positive attitudes towards people with disabilities and dispel myths.
- Informing people about choices and opportunities in our parks and programs.
- Information and referral to park programs.
- Information on a variety of disabilities.
- Information on services available with the Department of Parks and Recreation.
- Information on a variety of recreational activities.
- Training for volunteers.
- Assist with inclusion.
- Assist with special events.
- Help with accessing park programs.
- Accommodations/modifications and adaptations.