The Information Contained on this Web Site Is Made Available as a Free Public Service, Without Express or Implied Warranties of Any Kind, and Subject to the Following Disclaimers:
1. ACCURACY AND CONTINUITY OF SERVICE. The City and County of Honolulu ("City") makes no guarantee of the completeness or accuracy of any information provided on its web site. It makes no promise or warranty to maintain or update this public service or information contained and made available to the public. The City may suspend or discontinue this service at any time without notice. The user assumes the risk of verifying any information and/or materials used or relied on.
2. NO WARRANTIES. The City disclaims any express or implied warranty in providing for public use its computer system, web site, and any materials, information, graphics, products, or processes contained therein. It makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, nor assumes any responsibility in the use of this service or its contents for its accuracy, completeness, currency, its use for any general or particular purpose, or any results to be intended to be achieved by its use, nor that such items or use of such items would not violate or infringe upon rights of others.
3. EXTERNAL LINKS; PERSONAL OPINIONS. The City's computer resources and materials, including this web site, contain hypertext or other links to Internet or computer sites, not owned or controlled by the City. Links to other computer systems and external sites are not supervised nor regularly reviewed by the City. Any information, endorsements of products or services, materials or personal opinions appearing on such external sites are not controlled, sponsored nor approved by the City. The City specifically disclaims any legal responsibility for what a user may find on another web site, or for personal opinions of individuals posted on said web sites.
4. BUSINESS/NONPROFIT LISTINGS. The City provides a listing of businesses and nonprofit organizations in its web site's business directory. The purpose of the listing is to provide web viewers with a convenient means of contacting local businesses and organizations through links to that business or organization's web site. This directory is provided as a community service and the City does not endorse the organizations listed, nor does it guarantee the quality of the services or goods provided. Requests to be listed are subject to the following:
a. Request for listings must include the name of a responsible contact person, the telephone number, address and a brief description of the organization.
b. Organizations must be duly registered and authorized to conduct business in the State of Hawaii, or registered as a non profit organization with the State of Hawaii.
c. Each listing will contain a link to the organization's web site.
d. This directory provides links to local organizations and is not intended to be a public forum for ideological, political or social viewpoints.
5. COPYRIGHT LIMITATIONS. The City has made the content of these pages available to the public and anyone may view, copy or distribute information found here without obligation to the City, unless otherwise stated on particular materials or information to which a restriction on free use may apply. However, the City makes no warranty that materials contained herein are free of Copyright claims or other restrictions or limitations on free use or display.
6. ASSUMPTION OF RISK OF USE. The materials, information, graphics, or processes contained in the City's web site is being furnished "as is". A user of the Cityís computer system and web site for information made available for public use assumes the risk of use or reliance on such information. Users further acknowledge anomalies, errors and viruses can be introduced when information is being transferred or when being used in an incompatible computer or environment. Neither the City, its employees or agents shall be liable for any and all damages, including damage to hardware, software or computer systems or networks, for using, viewing, distributing or copying of materials on its sites made available to the public, including indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
7. MONITORING OF SYSTEM; NO EXPECTATION OF PRIVACY. All City computer systems are subject to monitoring at all time to assure proper functioning of the systems, to provide security for the computer systemís operation and information contained, to prevent unauthorized use, and to deter and investigate violations of law. There is no reasonable expectation of privacy in the use of this public computer system.
8. HAWAII LAW AND JURISDICTION. The materials are provided for public use on computer systems located within the City and County of Honolulu and for the use and benefit of citizens of Honolulu, Hawaii. Any person choosing to use this system or seeking access to information or materials on this system is subject to Hawaii jurisdiction. Any dispute arising therefrom shall be decided under the laws and in the courts in Hawaii.
The City reserves the right to revoke, amend, or modify this document without notice.