|You are here: Main / Customer Services / Public Communications Division / Honolulu News 2002 / Christmas Holiday Schedule|
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – DECEMBER 19, 2002
CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY SCHEDULE
City government offices will be closed Wednesday, December 25, 2002, for Christmas, a federal holiday.
· Emergency ambulance, fire, lifeguard and police services will be provided.
· The People's Open Markets will not be held.
· Refuse collections will NOT be made.
· Handi-Van service will be available.
· City buses will operate on a Sunday schedule.
· These traffic and parking regulations will be in effect:
o On-street parking will be free, except for the meters on Kalakaua Avenue along Kapiolani Park.
o Parking will be permitted in tow-away zones where it is allowed
o on holidays.
o There will be no coning of commuter traffic lanes.
o Traffic signals at Kalakaua Avenue and Kapiolani will be three-phase to permit mauka-bound traffic to turn left onto Kapiolani Boulevard.
o Parking in municipal lots will not be free.
Recreation facilities, the botanical gardens, golf courses and the Honolulu Zoo will be closed except for Pali and West Loch Golf Courses, which will be open 7 a.m to 1 p.m. (18-hole reservations: 7a .m. – 11 a.m. and 9-hole reservations: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.).
|Tuesday, December 24, 2002|