|You are here: Main / Customer Services / Public Communications Division / Honolulu News 2002 / Honolulu City Lights Photo Ops (Nov 27 - Dec 7)|
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 18, 2002
Honolulu City Lights Photo Opportunities
November 27 - December 7, 2002
· Wed. Nov. 27 – Thu. Dec. 5 – Big Tree decorating continues with more than 400 colorful ornaments, ranging from 18 – 48 inches, placed on the city’s tree. They include 36 sheets of music, 72 musical instruments (ukuleles, harps, saxophones, tubas) 160 musical notes and 85 jingle bells. Theme is “Songs of Christmas.”
· 4:30 to 7:30 p.m., through Nov. 29 – A true labor of love, Nelson Fujio and crew complete Santa’s 30’ float, placing thirty-something hand carved, larger-than-life elements, including 16 international kids, a detailed 5 x 5 x 5 gingerbread house (with fireplace, porch, dog and out house), 4’ singing rabbits, three fully decorated Christmas trees and teddy bears to delight keiki! Call 722-6771 for a sneak preview.
· Now Through Sat., Nov. 30 - Alex Ching and his band of elves work feverishly placing finishing touches on City Lights indoor and outdoor displays at the Manana Warehouse, Building #9. Call Alex at 455-2342 for a last-minute peek.
· Mon., Dec. 2 – Thu. Dec. 5 – Flurry of activity in Honolulu Hale Courtyard as department employees decorate their trees. Each tree is decorated according to a Christmas carol. The general theme this year is “Songs of Christmas.”
· Mon., Dec. 2 - Santa’s interior courtyard stage gets a new look from designer Owen Ho. Santa’s new set is sponsored by Dr. Lawrence K. W. Tseu.
· Tue., Dec. 3 – Thu., Dec. 5 – Large Displays from Manana Warehouse are transported to Honolulu Hale for installation into the civic center lawn and courtyard. They include Shaka Santa, Tutu Mele, Snow Family and centurion bears.
· Thu., Dec. 5 – Annual Wreath Contest judging takes place. Wreaths are displayed in Lane Gallery at City Hall.
· 11 a.m., Fri., Dec. 6 – Tree Topping Ceremony and Wreath Contest Awards. Mayor tops the big tree on the front lawn of City Hall. Wreath Contest winners are announced.
· 3:00 -9:45 p.m. – Sat., Dec. 7 – Opening Night, Honolulu City Lights
|Monday, December 02, 2002|