|You are here: Main / Customer Services / Public Communications Division / Honolulu News 2002 / Honolulu City Lights Photo Opportunities|
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Patti Kimoto, 527-6060
November 18, 2002
Honolulu City Lights Photo Opportunities
November 18 - December 6, 2002
· Monday, November 18 - Christmas decorations begin in the Honolulu Hale Courtyard interior.
· 8 a.m., Tuesday, November 19 - City workers from the Department of Parks and Recreation harvest the City’s 60-foot Christmas tree at Maka’unulau Community Park, 95-800 Maka’unulau Street in Mililani. (Take Mililani Town exit from H2; turn right on Meheula Parkway and left at stoplight on Kuahelani Ave. The park is on the corner of Kuahelani and Makaunalau Street on the right.)
· 10 a.m., Thursday, November 21 – the 60’ Island Norfolk tree is planted into the lawn fronting Honolulu Hale on King Street.
· Tuesday, November 26 – 27 - Big Tree on front lawn is decorated.
· Now Through Friday, November 29 - Parade Man, Nelson Fujio, will give you a sneak preview on Santa’s Float at the pier.
· Now Through Saturday, November 30 - Alex Ching and his band of elves work feverishly placing finishing touches on City Lights displays at the Manana Warehouse, Building #9.
· Monday, December 2 - Santa’s stage gets a new look from designer Owen Ho.
· Tuesday, December 3 – Thursday, December 5 – Large Displays from Manana Warehouse are transported to Honolulu Hale for installation into the civic center lawn and courtyard.
· Thursday, December 5 – Annual Wreath Contest judging takes place. Wreaths are displayed in Lane Gallery.
· 11 a.m., Friday, December 6 – Tree Topping Ceremony and Wreath Contest Awards.
· 3-9:45 p.m. – Saturday, December 7 – Opening Night, Honolulu City Lights
|Monday, November 25, 2002|