You are here:  Main / Customer Services / Public Communications Division / Honolulu News 2002 / MOTOR VEHICLE TIPS


(Up to 30 seconds)



Unwanted Vehicles


            If you want to dispose of an unwanted vehicle, the City will do it for you free.  Just have the vehicleís certificate of title signed by the registered owner or owners.  You also may want to consider donating the unwanted vehicle to a non-profit organization.  For more information, call the Cityís Abandoned Vehicle section at 733-2530.




Vehicle Registration


            Is your car registration expiring?  Renew your registration at the Satellite City Hall closest to you.  Read the instructions thoroughly.  If you decide to register by mail, mail it at least 10 days before your registration expires.



Drivers License


            Is your drivers license expiring?  Renew it as early as six months ahead of time at licensing facilities throughout the City.  Youíll need an eye exam when you renew, but no test if your license hasnít expired yet!  City licensing facilities are open Monday through Friday, except holidays, from 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.  For more information, call 832-4112.



Abandoned/Derelict Vehicles


            Abandoned or derelict vehicles are eyesores.  If you have one in your neighborhood, call the Cityís Abandoned Vehicle Section at 733-2530 and provide a complete description, plus an exact location, of the vehicle. Letís kokua to keep our community beautiful!

Tuesday, July 09, 2002

© Copyright 2002-2006 City and County of Honolulu, Hawaii
Privacy Statement | Technical Support | Customer Service | Policy | Accessibility | Diversity Statement