February 11, 2003
PRESIDENTíS DAY HOLIDAY SCHEDULE
City government offices will be closed Monday (February 17) in observance of Presidentís Day, a federal holiday.
- Emergency ambulance, fire, lifeguard and police services will be available.
- Municipal golf courses, park, recreation centers, botanical gardens and the Honolulu Zoo will be open.
- The Peopleís Open Markets will be closed.
- Refuse will be collected. The landfills and transfer stations will be open.
- City buses will operate on a Saturday schedule.
- These traffic and parking regulations will be in effect:
- On street parking will be free, except for the meters on Kalakaua Avenue along Queen Kapiolani Park.
- Parking will be permitted in those tow-away zones that allow parking on holidays.
- Traffic lanes will not be coned.
- Traffic signals at Kalakaua Avenue and Kapiolani Boulevard will be three-phase to permit mauka-bound traffic to turn left onto Kapiolani Boulevard.
- Motorists are reminded that parking in municipal lots with meters will not be free.