FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 16, 2004
CHRISTMAS DAY HOLIDAY SCHEDULE
City government offices will be closed Friday, December 24, 2004, for Christmas, a federal holiday.
- Emergency ambulance, fire, lifeguard and police services will be provided.
- The People's Open Markets will be open on Friday (December 24) but NOT on Saturday (December 25.
- Refuse collections WILL be made on Friday (December 24) but NOT on Saturday (December 25.
- Handi-Van service will be available on the holiday schedule.
- City buses will operate on a SATURDAY schedule on Friday (December 26) and a SUNDAY schedule on Saturday (December 26)
- All satellite city halls will be closed on Friday and Saturday, including those at the Ala Moana, Hawaii Kai, Pearlridge and Windward location.
- The Neal Blaisdell box office will be open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., but closed on Saturday and Sunday (December 25 and 26).
These traffic and parking regulations will be in effect:
- On-street parking will be free, except for the meters on Kalakaua Avenue along Kapiolani Park.
- Parking will be permitted in tow-away zones where it is allowed on holidays.
- There will be no coning of commuter traffic lanes.
- Traffic signals at Kalakaua Avenue and Kapiolani will be three-phase to permit mauka-bound traffic to turn left onto Kapiolani Boulevard.
- Parking in municipal lots will NOT be free.
Botanical gardens and the Honolulu Zoo will be open on Friday, but closed on Saturday. Golf courses will be closed except for Pali and West Loch Golf Courses, which will be open 7 a.m to 1 p.m. (18-hole reservations: 7 a .m. – 11 a.m. and nine-hole reservations: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.).