MEMORIAL DAY HOLIDAY SCHEDULE
City government offices will be closed Monday, May 31, 2004 in observance of Memorial Day, a federal holiday.
- Emergency ambulance, fire, lifeguard and police services will be available as usual.
- The People’s Open Markets will not be held.
- Parks, recreation centers, municipal golf courses, botanical gardens and the Honolulu Zoo will be open.
- Regular Monday refuse material collections will be made and landfills/transfer stations will be open.
- City buses will operate on a Sunday schedule. Call 848-5555 for schedule information. The Handi-Vans will operate as usual.
These traffic and parking regulations will be in effect:
- On-street parking will be free, except for the meters on Kalakaua Avenue along Kapiolani Park;
- Parking will be permitted in towaway zones that allow it on holidays;
- There will be no coning of traffic lanes;
- Traffic signals at Kalakaua Avenue and Kapiolani Boulevard will be three-phase to permit mauka-bound traffic to turn left onto Kapiolani Boulevard.
- Motorists are reminded that parking in municipal lots with meters will not be free and that the meters must be fed 24 hours a day.
- 30 -