NEW YEARS HOLIDAY SCHEDULE
City government offices will be closed Friday, December 31, 2004, in observance of New Years Day, which falls on Saturday.
- Emergency ambulance, fire, lifeguard and police services will be provided.
- The People’s Open Markets WILL be held on Friday (December 31) but closed on Saturday, New Year’s Day.
- Botanical gardens will be open on Friday but closed on Saturday.
- Honolulu Zoo will be open on Friday and Saturday.
- Refuse collections WILL be made on Friday, but NOT on Saturday.
- City buses will operate on a SATURDAY schedule on Friday (December 31) and SUNDAY schedule on Saturday, New Years Day.
- The Handi-Vans will be in service on a holiday schedule.
- All satellite city halls will be closed on Friday and Saturday, including those at the Ala Moana, Hawaii Kai, Pearlridge and Windward Mall locations.
- Hours for the Blaisdell box office will be as follows:
- Friday (December 31): Open from 9 a.m. to showtime of GREASE and Pepper. Tickets will only be sold to these two shows.
- Saturday (January 1): Open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for all shows. After 5 p.m., only tickets for GREASE will be sold.
- Sunday (January 2): Open 9 a.m. to showtime for GREASE tickets only.
These traffic and parking regulations will be in effect:
- On-street parking will be free, except for the meters on Kalakaua Avenue along Kapiolani Park.
- Parking will be permitted in towaway zones that allow it on holidays.
- There will be no coning of commuter traffic lanes.
- Traffic signals at Kalakaua Avenue and Kapiolani Boulevard will be three-phase to permit mauka-bound traffic to turn left onto Kapiolani Boulevard.
Golf courses will be closed on January 1, except the Ala Wai, Ewa Villages and Ted Makalena Golf courses will be open 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. (18-hole reservations: 7 a.m. - 11 a.m. and nine-hole reservations: 11 a.m. -1 p.m.).