|You are here: Main / Customer Services / Public Communications Division / Honolulu News Releases 2004 / Tax Relief Available For Eligible Homeowners|
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TAX RELIEF AVAILABLE FOR ELIGIBLE HOMEOWNERS
Eligible homeowners 55 years and older may apply for a partial credit of their 2004-2005 real property taxes through May 1.
Applicants may be eligible for the credit if they meet all of the following requirements:
· They have a multiple home exemption on their property for the 2004-2005 tax year.
· The 2003 total household income does not exceed $26,100.
· The amount of 2004-2005 real property taxes exceeds five percent of the 2003 household income.
· Neither the owner nor any member of the owner’s household owns any other real property anywhere.
Application forms for this new Real Property Tax Relief Program are available in Honolulu Hale, Room 115, and at satellite city halls.
Eligible homeowners 55 years and older may also apply for a partial refund of their 2003-2004 real property taxes through October 30.
Applicants must meet the following requirements to be eligible for the refund:
· They have a multiple home exemption on their property for the 2003-2004 tax year.
· The 2003 total household income does not exceed $20,000.
· The amount of 2003-2004 real property taxes exceeds five percent of 2003 household income.
Application forms are available in Honolulu Hale, Room 115, and at satellite city halls.
For more information, call the Current Collections staff of the Budget and Fiscal Services Department at 523-4856.
|Tuesday, March 02, 2004|