FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE December 20, 2005
CHRISTMAS DAY HOLIDAY SCHEDULE
City government offices will be closed Monday, December 26, 2005, in observance of Christmas, which falls on Sunday.
- Emergency ambulance, fire, lifeguard and police services will be provided.
- The People's Open Markets will be closed on both Sunday (Christmas Day) and Monday.
- Refuse collections will be made as usual.
- Handi-Van service will operate on Monday on its weekend schedule.
- City buses will operate on Monday on a SUNDAY schedule.
- All satellite city halls will be closed, including those at the Ala Moana, Pearlridge and Windward location. Hawaii Kai will be closed on Sunday (Christmas Day), Monday (regular closure day) and Tuesday, Dec. 27.
- The Neal Blaisdell box office will be closed.
These traffic and parking regulations will be in effect on Monday:
- On-street parking will be free, except for the meters on Kalakaua Avenue along Kapiolani Park.
- Parking will be permitted in tow-away zones where it is allowed on holidays.
- There will be no coning of commuter traffic lanes.
- Traffic signals at Kalakaua Avenue and Kapiolani will be three-phase to permit mauka-bound traffic to turn left onto Kapiolani Boulevard.
- Parking in municipal lots will NOT be free.
The following will be closed on Sunday, Christmas Day, but open on Monday (Dec. 26):
- Botanical gardens and the Honolulu Zoo.
- All golf courses will be closed on Christmas Day, except for Pali and West Loch golf courses (open 7 a.m to 1 p.m.) and Kahuku Golf Course (open 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) On Monday, all golf courses will be open.