|You are here: Main / Customer Services / Public Communications Division / 2005 / Mayor Announces Economic Development Advisory Team|
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE May 31, 2005
MAYOR ANNOUNCES ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT ADVISORY TEAM
Honolulu Mayor Mufi Hannemann today (Tuesday, May 31, 2005) announced the creation of the Mayor’s Economic Development Advisory Team.
The group consists of five executives associated with
Mayor Hannemann has given the team an initial assignment of examining all City operations to identify revenue enhancement opportunities.
“We spent a lot of time in our first few months in office finding ways to cut expenses,” said the mayor. “Now we’re entering the second phase, where we want to increase the economic pie.”
Schultz and the Economic Development Advisory Team will also work toward drawing up an economic development plan for the City, as requested by the City Council.
Appointed to the Mayor’s Economic Development Advisory Team are:
· Garrett Grace, vice president and senior commercial banking officer with Central Pacific Bank. A native of
· Kevin Haseyama, vice president, financial risk manager for American Savings Bank. An
· Richard Keene, vice chairman and chief financial officer for Bank of Hawaii Corp. A certified public accountant and a graduate of Virginia Tech, he has been with Bank of Hawaii since 2001. He previously held senior banking positions in
· Cathy Luke, a member of the Advisory Board for Hawaii National Bank and president of Loyalty Enterprises, Ltd., a property management, insurance and financing firm. She was formerly director of product marketing for Inktomi Corp. She is a graduate of
· Mark Taylor, senior vice president, trust division, for First Hawaiian Bank. He has been with the bank since 1990. Before that he was a policy analyst with the White House Office of Management and Budget. He is a
|Tuesday, May 31, 2005|