|You are here: Main / Customer Services / Public Communications Division / 2005 / Wahiawa, Army And City Team Up To Honor Returned Heroes At Schofield Sunset In The Park|
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE May 13, 2005
AT SCHOFIELD SUNSET IN THE PARK
The Wahiawa Lions Club, the City and
This will be the first major military and civilian homecoming celebration for members of the Schofield Barracks-based 25th Infantry Division (Light), the Hawaii National Guard and Army Reserve troops who were deployed to
“In years past, Schofield Sunset in the Park has been a popular event that brings together
The celebration will feature food, exhibits, games, live entertainment and, each evening, a family movie shown on a 30-foot screen.
All persons attending are asked to have current photo identification. All packages and bags are subject to inspection. Ample free parking is available. Take the Wheeler Field exit from from the H-2 freeway and turn on to
· Saturday, May 21: Carole Kai and Kimo Kahoano, performances by Sonya Mendez, the Royal Hawaiian Band,
· Sunday, May 22: The 25th Infantry Division (Light) Band Brass Quintet will perform in the early afternoon, with Simplicity, The Krush, and Jake Shimabukuro on stage in the evening, leading up to the movie feature, “National Treasure,” starring Nicholas Cage.
· Community Market Place featuring the work of talented crafters and artists, and businesses promoting products and services.
· Children’s area with "Xtreme Fun", E.K. Fernandez rides and games, Keiki I.D. and activities such as face painting, tattooing and pony rides. All-day ride bracelets will be given free to all military with I.D. The first 250 non-military guests each day may purchase all-day ride bracelets at half-price, $10.
· Display of restored military vehicles by the Hawaii Military Vehicles Preservation Association.
· Classic and custom motorcycle show by Street Bikers United-Hawaii will feature with bikes from
Popular restaurants from the area have agreed to participate and will be providing great food at affordable prices. They include: Time2Grind, Paradise Water Ice, Ono Kettle Korn, Pizza Hut, Slush Puppies, State Street Beef Co., Dong Yang Inn, Jimmy's Lakeside Bakery & Cafe, Giovanni's White Shrimp Truck, Dot's of Wahiawa, Leo's Taverna Greek Restaurant, Billy's Food Spot, Three Star Restaurant, Hawaiian Roasted Corn, Nano's Filipino Food, L&L of Wahiawa and, E.K. Fernandez Cotton Candy.
Outrigger Enterprises, Inc., Oceanic Time Warner Cable, The Honolulu Star-Bulletin, Hawaiian Electric
Additional sponsors are Bank of Hawaii,
Patty Teruya, City Customer Services Department, 527-5759
Jack Wiers, Marketing Director, Army MWR in
Claire Kodama, office of state Rep. Marcus Oshiro, 586-8505
|Friday, May 13, 2005|