|You are here: Main / Customer Services / Public Communications Division / honnews06 / Mayor Signs Royal Hawaiian Band CDs|
Mayor signs Royal Hawaiian Band Christmas CDs
Mayor Mufi Hannemann will be autographing copies of “Christmas with the Royal Hawaiian Band and Friends,” the band’s first Christmas recording in its 170-year history, at the following times and locations:
· Thursday, Nov. 30 – 7 to 8 p.m., Borders, Windward Mall.
· Saturday, Dec. 2 – 3 to 4 p.m., at Borders, Ward Centre.
· Saturday, Dec. 9 – Noon to 1 p.m., Sam's Club,
· Saturday, Dec. 9 – 4 to 5 p.m., Borders, Waikele.
· Sunday, Dec. 10 – Noon to 1 p.m., Sam's Club, Keeaumoku.
The Royal Hawaiian Band, under the leadership of Bandmaster Michael Nakasone, provides the accompaniment on all of the tracks. Several numbers feature solos by band members and accompanists past and present. RHB French horn player Eric Kop produced the album, which includes an arrangement of “Auld Lang Syne” by teen-age music prodigy Michael Foumai.
Mayor Hannemann sings on two of the CD’s 16 tracks: “Christmas Time Again Aloha,” with his brother Nephi and Iva Kinimaka, and “Do You Hear What I Hear” with the group Pali.
The CD went on sale November 21 at major music, department and bookstores across
The CD’s tracks are:
1. Jingle Bells – Royal Hawaiian Band
2. Christmas Time Again Aloha – Mayor Hannemann, Nephi Hannemann, Iva Kinimaka
3. Jingle Bells – Nina Kealiiwahamana
4. Christmas Time is Here – Pali
5. Hawaiian Fa-La-La! – Karen Keawehawaii
6. Here Comes Santa in a Red Canoe – Royal Hawaiian Band Glee Club (Scott Furushima, Kaipo Asing, Gary Aiko)
7. Cantique De Noel (O Holy Night) – Misty Kelai
8. Sleigh Ride – Royal Hawaiian Band
9. Angels We Have Heard on High – Pernny Silva
10. Do You Hear What I Hear? – Mayor Hannemann with Pali
11. Mele Kalikimaka – Puamana
12. Song of Christmas – Gary Keawe Aiko
13. Silent Night – Nalani Olds
14. White Christmas – Gene Roland
15. Old Scottish Melody (Auld Lang Syne) – Iwalani Kahalewai
16. Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire) – Eric Miyashiro
Bill Brennan, 527-6928
Mark Matsunaga, 527-5767
|Thursday, November 30, 2006|