FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE December 18, 2006
CHRISTMAS DAY HOLIDAY SCHEDULE
City government offices will be closed Monday, December 25, 2006, in observance of Christmas.
- Emergency ambulance, fire, lifeguard and police services will be provided.
- The People's Open Markets will be closed.
- Refuse will NOT be collected and transfer stations, convenience centers and the landfill will be closed.
- Handi-Van service will operate on its weekend schedule.
- City buses will operate on a SUNDAY schedule.
- All satellite city halls will be closed, including those at the Ala Moana, Pearlridge and Windward location. Hawaii Kai will be closed on Christmas Day and Tuesday (Dec. 26).
- The Neal Blaisdell box office will be closed.
- All golf courses will be closed, except at Pali and West Loch (both open from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.) and Kahuku (7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
- Botanical gardens and the Honolulu Zoo will be closed.
These traffic and parking regulations will be in effect on Monday:
- On-street parking will be free, except for the meters on Kalakaua Avenue along Kapiolani Park.
- Parking will be permitted in tow-away zones where it is allowed on holidays.
- There will be no coning of commuter traffic lanes.
- Traffic signals at Kalakaua Avenue and Kapiolani will be three-phase to permit mauka-bound traffic to turn left onto Kapiolani Boulevard.
- Parking in municipal lots will NOT be free.