|You are here: Main / Customer Services / Public Communications Division / honnews06 / Eight Speakers Confirmed For Transit Symposium|
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE September 22, 2006
Release No. M-98-06
EIGHT SPEAKERS CONFIRMED FOR TRANSIT SYMPOSIUM
October 5 event at Convention Center will include displays from five transit vendors
A stellar lineup of speakers including the former mayors of
“The symposium offers an opportunity for anyone interested in addressing Oahu’s transportation needs to hear success stories and lessons learned from experts from
The speakers will be:
· Skip Rimsza, former mayor of
· Kathy Whitmire, former mayor of
· John Inglish, general manager/CEO, Utah Transit Authority.
· Gary Thomas, president/executive director, Dallas Area Rapid Transit
· Todd Litman, executive director,
· Jim Lawson, government affairs manager,
· Gloria Ohland, vice president, Reconnecting America and the Center for Transit-Oriented Development,
· Masayuki Ishido, technical and planning director, Tokyo Monorail Co., Ltd.
The symposium is being held in conjunction with the Hawaii Congress of Planning Officials and Pacific Geospatial Conference 2006 — “PacGeo 2006” — from Oct. 3 to 5, also at the convention center. Exhibits will be offered by five mass transit firms:
· Itochu Corporation
· Mitsubishi Heavy Industries
· Bombardier Transportation
· Siemens Corporation
The exhibit area will be free and open to the public, but registration is required for speaker sessions and luncheon. Cost per person is $75 for the entire conference – which runs from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., or $45 for the luncheon only. Litman will be the keynote speaker at lunch.
The registration deadline is Sept. 29. For more information, call the symposium hotline at (808) 535-6243.
Bill Brennan, 527-6928
Mark Matsunaga, 527-5767
Laura Pennington, 387-3827
|Friday, September 22, 2006|