FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE October 30, 2006
ELECTIONS DAY AND VETERANS HOLIDAY SCHEDULES
City government offices will be closed Tuesday (November 7) and Friday (November 10), in observance of Elections Day and Veterans Day.
· Emergency ambulance, fire, lifeguard and police services will be provided.
· The People’s Open Markets will not be held on November 7 and will observe Veterans Day by closing Saturday, November 11 (instead of Friday, Nov. 10).
· City golf courses, the Honolulu Zoo and botanical gardens will be open.
· Refuse collections will be made as usual and landfills/convenience centers will be open.
· Handi-Van service will be available as usual.
· City buses will operate on a state holiday schedule for Elections Day and a Saturday schedule for Nov. 10. Go to www.thebus.org for schedule information.
· These traffic and parking regulations will be in effect:
o On-street parking will be free, except for the meters on Kalakaua Avenue along Kapiolani Park.
o Parking will be permitted in towaway zones which allow it on holidays.
o There will be no coning of commuter traffic lanes.
o Traffic signals at Kalakaua Avenue and Kapiolani will be three-phase to permit mauka-bound traffic to turn left onto Kapiolani Boulevard.
o Parking in municipal lots will not be free.