FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE December 18, 2006
NEW YEAR’S DAY HOLIDAY SCHEDULE
City government offices will be closed Monday, January 1, 2007, in observance of New Year’s Day.
- Emergency ambulance, fire, lifeguard and police services will be provided.
- The People's Open Markets will be closed.
- Refuse will NOT be collected, and convenience centers, transfer stations and the landfill will be closed.
- Handi-Van service will operate on its weekend schedule.
- City buses will operate on a SUNDAY schedule.
- All satellite city halls will be closed, including those at the Ala Moana, Pearlridge and Windward locations. The Hawaii Kai Satellite City Hall will be closed on New Year’s Day and Tuesday, Jan. 2.
- The Neal Blaisdell box office will be closed.
- Botanical gardens will be closed.
- The Honolulu Zoo will be open.
- The Pali and West Loch municipal golf courses will be closed. Municipal golf courses at Ala Wai, Ewa Villages and Ted Makalena will be open from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. The Kahuku Golf Course will be open from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
These traffic and parking regulations will be in effect on Monday:
- On-street parking will be free, except for the meters on Kalakaua Avenue along Kapiolani Park.
- Parking will be permitted in tow-away zones where it is allowed on holidays.
- There will be no coning of commuter traffic lanes.
- Traffic signals at Kalakaua Avenue and Kapiolani will be three-phase to permit mauka-bound traffic to turn left onto Kapiolani Boulevard.
- Parking in municipal lots will NOT be free.