|You are here: Main / Customer Services / Public Communications Division / 2007 / City To Recognize Outstanding Employees August 30|
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CITY TO RECOGNIZE OUTSTANDING EMPLOYEES
The City and
Twenty-five employees have been nominated for the City’s employee of the year award and 13 managers for manager of the year honors. These individuals are being recognized as role models of exemplary public service, leadership, and dedication by City employees.
The event is open to the public. Entertainment will be provided by the Royal Hawaiian Band and Glee Club, featuring Misty Kelai and Karen Keawehawaii.
The mayor will also present awards to the City’s outstanding attorneys in the Department of the Corporation Council and Office of the Prosecuting Attorney. This is the first time non-civil service employees are being recognized for excellence in City service. This year’s recipients are Deputy Corporation Counsel Diane Kawauchi and Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Lynn Goto Uyema.
This year’s departmental employee of the year honorees are:
· Board of Water Supply, Donald J. Estrella and Daryl K. Hiromoto;
· Budget and Fiscal Services, Keith J. Yamashita;
· City Clerk’s Office, Alicia Nagasawa;
· Community Services, Sylvia K. Silva;
· Customer Services,
· Design and Construction, Wilfred K. Kiyotoki;
· Emergency Management, Kenneth F. Gilbert;
· Environmental Services, Florentino B.Tabisola and Dennis M. Tsuruda;
· Facility Maintenance, Michael T. Miyagi and John N. Nigro;
· Human Resources, Joyce R. Miyashiro;
· Information Technology, Antonio F. Velasco;
· Parks & Recreation, June I. Harada and Linda K. Liu;
· Planning and Permitting, Eugene H. Takahashi;
· Prosecuting Attorney, June C. Koja;
· Royal Hawaiian Band, Dennis Y. Nagamine; and
· Transportation Services, Sandra Y. Kobayashi.
Manager of the year honorees are:
· Board of Water Supply, Ronald N. Wada;
· Budget and Fiscal Services, Edlyn S. Taniguchi;
· Community Services, Ernest K. Taketa;
· Environmental Services, Nic G. Musico;
· Facility Maintenance, Charles K. Woodward;
· Human Resources, Jennifer K. Tobin and Dave Hite;
· Information Technology, Jeffrey T. Eshima;
· Parks and Recreation, Dexter D. Liu; and
· Transportation Services, Kenneth T. Hamayasu.
City employees who have observed 25, 35, and 45 years of service will be recognized during the ceremony.
The mayor will also present exceptional achievement awards to 27 employees, and Honolulu Police Department Officer Zane Hamrick will receive the City’s Valor Award for his courageous rescue actions in the line of duty.
|Wednesday, August 29, 2007|