NEW YEAR'S DAY HOLIDAY SCHEDULE
City government offices will be closed Tuesday, January 1, 2008, in observance of New Year's Day.
- Emergency ambulance, fire, lifeguard and police services will be provided.
- The People's Open Markets will be closed.
- Refuse will NOT be collected, and convenience centers, transfer stations and the landfill will be closed.
- Handi-Van service will operate on its weekend schedule.
- City buses will operate on a SUNDAY schedule.
- TheBoat and TheBoat Feeder services will NOT be in service.
- All satellite city halls will be closed, including those at the Ala Moana, Pearlridge and Windward locations.
- The Neal Blaisdell box office will be closed.
- Botanical gardens will be closed.
- The Honolulu Zoo will be open.
- The Pali and West Loch municipal golf courses will be closed. Municipal golf courses at Ala Wai, Ewa Villages and Ted Makalena will be open from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.
These traffic and parking regulations will be in effect on Tuesday:
- On-street parking will be free, except for the meters on Kalakaua Avenue along Kapiolani Park.
- Parking will be permitted in tow-away zones where it is allowed on holidays.
- There will be no coning of commuter traffic lanes.
- Traffic signals at Kalakaua Avenue and Kapiolani will be three-phase to permit mauka-bound traffic to turn left onto Kapiolani Boulevard.
- Parking in municipal lots will NOT be free.