VETERANS’ DAY HOLIDAY SCHEDULE
City government offices will be closed on Monday, November 12, in observance of Veterans’ Day, a federal holiday.
- Emergency ambulance, fire, lifeguard and police services will be available as usual.
- The People’s Open Markets will not be held.
- Parks, recreation centers, municipal golf courses, botanical gardens and the Honolulu Zoo will be open.
- Regular Monday refuse material collections will be made and landfills/transfer stations will be open.
- City buses will operate on a Saturday schedule. Except for the TheBoat and the F-series (F2, F3, F11, F12, F13) feeder bus services which will operate their regular Weekday Schedule. Call 848-5555 for schedule information. The Handi-Vans will operate as usual.
These traffic and parking regulations will be in effect:
- On-street parking will be free, except for the meters on Kalakaua Avenue along Kapiolani Park.
- Parking will be permitted in towaway zones that allow it on holidays.
- There will be no coning of traffic lanes.
- Traffic signals at Kalakaua Avenue and Kapiolani Boulevard will be three-phase to permit mauka-bound traffic to turn left onto Kapiolani Boulevard.
- Motorists are reminded that parking in municipal lots with meters will not be free and that the meters must be fed 24 hours a day.