FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 14, 2008
MANOA ROAD REHABILITATION PROJECT
Lowrey Avenue and several nearby streets in Manoa will soon undergo significant rehabilitation work to ensure they are smooth, safe and attractive.
The $3.55 million project is expected to start soon after Tuesday, February 19, and will include reconstruction of weak road areas, surface milling and resurfacing of asphalt concrete pavements.
Additional work will include the reconstruction of curbs and gutters, installation of sub-drains, tree trimming and pruning, adjustment of utility manhole frames and covers, and installation of pavement markings and vehicle loop detectors.
The City worked with area legislators to plan the project, especially Rep. Kirk Caldwell and Sen. Brian Taniguchi.
Work hours will be from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Motorists are advised to allow extra travel time while driving through work areas. Specific locations of the rehabilitation project include:
· Kalawao Pl. , from Kalawao St. to end;
· Kalawao St., from Kahaloa Dr. to Private Gate - makai end
· Kalehua St., from Kahaloa Dr. to end;
· Kaloaluiki Pl., from Kaloaluiki St to end;
· Kaloaluiki St., from Lowrey Ave. to Kaloaluiki St;
· Kanu St., from Lowrey Ave. to Loi St;
· Loi St., from E. Manoa Rd. to Woodlawn Dr.,
· Kahawai St., from Lowrey Ave. to Huapala St;
· Woodlawn Ave., from Lowrey Ave. to Kahaloa Dr;
· Lowrey Ave., from Woodlawn Ave. to Kalawao St;
· Kaaipu Ave., from Oahu Ave. to end;
· Loomis St., from mauka end to makai end;
· Lowrey Ave., from Oahu Ave to Woodlawn Dr;
· Vista Pl., from Lowrey Ave. to end.
Contact: City Design and Construction Department Director Eugene Lee, 768-8480