|You are here: Main / Customer Services / Public Communications Division / 2008 / City Awards $40,000 in Grants to Arts Organizations|
City Awards $40,000 in Grants to Arts Organizations
Mayor Mufi Hannemann today announced the City has awarded grants of $5,000 each to eight nonprofit organizations under the Mayor’s Production Grant Program.
Now in its fourth year, the grant program supports the production of new works in dance, theater, music, literature, and short film that will be part of each organization’s future repertoire.
This year’s recipients are:
· Bamboo Ridge Press, for the publication of “The Company of Strangers”;
· Dance Pioneers, for the dance production “Roots and Offshoots”;
· Hanayagi Dancing Academy Hawaii Foundation, for the production of “Shamisen Experience”;
· Na Pualei O Likolehua, for the production of “Keamomelemele”;
· Nova Arts Foundation, for the production of “The Living Earth”;
· Oahu Choral Society, for the production of “A Choral Celebration of Father Damien”; and
Mayor Mufi Hannemann said, “The only one of its kind in
The grant funds were appropriated from the Mayor’s Office of Culture and the Arts (MOCA). The program is part of MOCA’s initiative of encouraging, sustaining, and incorporating culture and the arts as an essential part of
The Commission on Culture and the Arts assists the City in preserving the artistic and cultural heritage of
Dymian Racoma, 768-5288
|Thursday, November 13, 2008|