|You are here: Main / Customer Services / Public Communications Division / 2008 / Elections Day and Veterans Holiday Schedules|
ELECTIONS DAY AND VETERANS HOLIDAY SCHEDULES
City government offices will be closed Tuesday (November 4) and Thursday (November 11), in observance of Elections Day and Veterans Day, state and federal holidays.
· Emergency ambulance, fire, lifeguard and police services will be provided.
· The People’s Open Markets will not be held.
· City golf courses, the Honolulu Zoo and botanical gardens will be open.
· Refuse collections will be made as usual and landfills/convenience centers will be open.
· Handi-Van service will be available.
· The Boat and feeder services will be on their regular weekday schedule.
· City buses will operate on their weekday and appropriate school day off schedule for Elections Day and a Saturday schedule for Veterans’ Day. (Specific information available at TheBus website at www.thebus.org).
· These traffic and parking regulations will be in effect:
o On-street parking will be free, except for the meters on Kalakaua Avenue along Kapiolani Park.
o Parking will be permitted in towaway zones which allow it on holidays.
o There will be no coning of commuter traffic lanes.
o Traffic signals at Kalakaua Avenue and Kapiolani will be three-phase to permit mauka-bound traffic to turn left onto Kapiolani Boulevard.
|Friday, October 31, 2008|