SEWER WORK PROJECTS PLANNED FOR JULY
The City and County of Honolulu’s Department of Environmental Services will be working on nine major sewer projects in July that may impact roadways and traffic on Oahu.
The projects are:
· Halona Street Relief Sewer - Installation of a new sewer line and manholes along Olomea Street and along Kohou Street, from Olomea Street to North King Street.
· Peterson Lane and Pua Lane Sewer Rehabilitation - Installation of a new gravity sewer line on King Street, Peterson Lane, Dillingham Boulevard, and Pua Lane.
· Wanaao Road/Keolu Drive Reconstruction Sewer - Installation of a gravity sewer line along Wanaao Road between Palawiki and Papalani streets.
· St. Louis Heights Sewer Rehabilitation - Installation of cured-in-place pipes along roads and easements and sewer laterals and manhole rehabilitation in areas along Bertram and St. Louis Drive.
· Ilimalia Loop/Mokapu Boulevard Sewer Rehabilitation - Sewer manhole rehabilitation on Ilimalia Loop and along Mokapu Boulevard between Ililani Street and Kalaheo Avenue.
· Kapiolani Boulevard Water and Sewer System Improvements – Installation of gravity lines along Kapiolani Boulevard between Piikoi Street and Kalakaua Avenue and a new force main along Kalakaua Avenue between the Ala Wai Bridge and Kapiolani Boulevard.
· Kuliouou Sewer Rehabilitation – Manhole rehabilitation work at various locations.
· Waipahu Street/Plantation Village Sewer Reconstruction – Night work installation of gravity sewer line within Plantation Village.
· Kalihi/Nuuanu Area Sewer Rehabilitation (All Phases) – Sewer rehabilitation work on Kuakini Street and Liliha Street.
Approximately 50 other projects are also underway focused on Oahu’s wastewater treatment plants, pump stations and collection system. These projects are part of $560 million of ongoing wastewater projects, including planning, design, construction, project management and equipment project phases.
Markus Owens, 768-3454