SEWER WORK PROJECTS PLANNED FOR OCTOBER
The City and County of Honolulu's Department of Environmental Services will be working on 14 major sewer projects in October that may impact roadways and traffic on Oahu.
The projects are:
· Halona Street Relief Sewer - Installation of a new sewer line and manholes along Olomea and Kohou streets, from Olomea Street to North King Street.
· Peterson Lane and Pua Lane Sewer Rehabilitation - Installation of a new gravity sewer line on King Street, Peterson Lane, Dillingham Boulevard and Pua Lane.
· Wanaao Road/Keolu Drive Reconstruction Sewer - Installation of a gravity sewer line along Wanaao Road between Palawiki and Papalani streets.
· St. Louis Heights Sewer Rehabilitation - Installation of cured-in-place pipes along roads and easements, sewer laterals and manhole rehabilitation in areas along Bertram and St. Louis Drive.
· Kalaheo Avenue-Mokapu Blvd.-Aikahi Loop Sewer Rehabilitation – Spot repair of a 66-inch sewer starting on Mokapu Blvd.
· Kapiolani Boulevard Water and Sewer System Improvements – Installation of gravity lines along Kapiolani Boulevard between Piikoi Street and Kalakaua Avenue and a new force main along Kalakaua Avenue between the Ala Wai Bridge and Kapiolani Boulevard.
· Kuliouou Sewer Rehabilitation – Installation of cured-in-place work along Moomoku Place and Elelupe Road.
· Alii Shores Sewer Rehabilitation- Installation of cured-in-place pipe along Wena Street.
· Waipahu Street/Plantation Village Sewer Reconstruction – Installation of gravity sewer line within Plantation Village.
· Kalihi/Nuuanu Area Sewer Rehabilitation (All Phases) – Sewer rehabilitation work on Kuakini Street, Liliha Street, Stillman Lane, Nuuanu Avenue, Hialoa Street, School Street, and Madeira Street.
· Sewer Manhole and Pipe Rehabilitation at Various Locations – Rehabilitation of sewer manhole on Kamehameha Highway near Kaahumanu Street.
· Sand Island Basin Miscellaneous Sewer Rehabilitation, Phase 1 – Installation of cured-in-place piping along Akamu Place in Nuuanu.
· Kailua/Kaneohe Reconstructed Sewer Rehabilitation – Spot repairs along Papalani Street, Wanaao Road, Pamaele Street, and Popua Loop
· Kapiolani Area Revised Sewer – Installation of gravity lines along Rycroft Street and Cedar Street.
Approximately 52 projects are underway focused on Oahu's wastewater treatment plants, pump stations and collection system. These projects are part of $499 million of ongoing wastewater projects, including planning, designing, construction, project management and equipment project phases.
Markus Owens, 768-3454