|You are here: Main / Customer Services / Public Communications Division / 2008 / Special Storm Debris Removal|
SPECIAL STORM DEBRIS REMOVAL
Mayor Mufi Hannemann announced that the City has begun a special refuse collection service for
“We are assigning extra refuse collection workers to those areas hardest hit by the high winds, rains and flooding,” Mayor Hannemann said. “Tons of storm damaged debris will be collected from both public facilities and private residences.”
Hannemann said there’ll be additional automated and manual refuse collections in Waianae, Laie, Waimanalo,
The City is asking residents to bring their waste and debris to the curb where they would normally place their refuse bins. The waste should be separated into four categories:
· Green Waste: Use the appropriate cart and bag or bundle the excess
· White Goods: Including hot water heaters, refrigerators and other applicances
· Household Hazardous Waste- Call the City at 768-3201. If possible, please be prepared to identify the items based on the labeling on bottles or on other containers.
· Construction and Demolition Debris: Lumber and wood, gypsum wallboard, glass, metal, roofing material, tile, carpeting and flooring material, window covering, furnishings and fixtures. Carpeting should be rolled up and tied.
· All other refuse, including household trash, should go into the gray bins for normally scheduled pickup.
Residents who prefer to haul their own trash should take it to the city’s Convenience Centers which are open 7:00 am-6:00 pm seven days per week, with a two pickup truck loads per day limit. Other locations include the Kapaa Transfer Station, which is open from 10:00 am-6:00 pm weekdays and Saturdays and from 7:00 am-6:00 pm on Sundays; Keehi Transfer Station, 12:00 pm-6:00 pm Monday through Saturday (No Green Waste) or Kawailoa Transfer Station 7:00 am-6:00 pm everyday. Waimanalo Gulch Landfill 7:00 am-4:30 pm everyday. Greenwaste can be dropped off at Hawaiian Earth Products locations in Kapolei and
|Wednesday, December 24, 2008|