ALA WAI COMMUNITY PARK MAINTENANCE
The Department of Parks and Recreation is beginning repair and maintenance work today at the pavilion and comfort station at Ala Wai Community Park.
“This work is a continuation of the improvements and maintenance we are performing at City parks around Oahu,” said DPR Director Les Chang. “It is in keeping with Mayor Hannemann’s emphasis on keeping our parks clean and safe for the enjoyment of our residents.”
Chang said the work will require some sections of the park to be closed . The athletic fields will remain open for play.
Work to be done includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Tree trimming to promote better visibility
- Aeration/fertilization of the lawns
- Irrigation repairs
- Comfort Station and Pavilion
- Plumbing: repairs/renovation to hose bibs, sinks, toilets and urinals
- Carpentry: repairs/renovation to stall partitions, walls, etc
- Masonry: improving floor drainage, wall repairs, removal of pavilion benches (most recreational users bring more comfortable chairs for events)
- Painting: interior and exterior
- Athletic Field
- Dug Outs, gate and latches repair/replacement
Chang said the repair and maintenance work will be done in-house by DPR crews. Work is expected to be completed no later than January 12.