|You are here: Main / Customer Services / Public Communications Division / 2009 / Winners of 2009 Honolulu Forever Young Awards Announced|
WINNERS OF 2009
“These inspiring individuals keep going . . . and going . . . and going!” Mayor Hannemann said. “They continue to excel in their careers, give back to their communities, lead active lifestyles, and serve as outstanding role models for the next generation.”
Honolulu Forever Young honorees highlight all that can be achieved when retirement is not viewed as a goal. These individuals are constantly looking for the next challenge, opportunity or adventure. They continue to work because of their passion and desire for self-fulfillment, rather than because of economic necessity.
The Honolulu Forever Young awards are part of the City’s campaign which aims to change the perception of retirement and aging.
Winners of the Honolulu Forever Young awards are:
· Mr. Andrew D. Friedlander, Co-founder and Principal Broker, Colliers
· Mr. Daniel Kaleikini, Ambassador of Aloha, World of Aloha
· The Honorable Walter S. Kirimitsu, President,
· Sister Alicia Damien Lau, OSF, Chief Operating Officer, Oahu Care Facility, Pearl City Nursing Home, Community Case Management Corp., Kulana Malama, and Kokua Nurses
· Mr. Lawrence
· Mr. Oz Stender, Trustee At-Large, Office of Hawaiian Affairs
All winners must be 65 years of age or older, gainfully employed at least 19 hours per week, and reside in the City and
The six winners will be honored at an awards luncheon at the Hawaii Prince Hotel on September 23, 2009. For information and tickets to the luncheon, call 768-7760.
# # #
Contacts: Bill Brennan
Office of the Mayor Department of Community Services
Phone: 768-6928 Phone: 768-7760