|You are here: Main / Customer Services / Public Communications Division / 2010 / Reminder: City Furlough Day on Friday, December 17|
REMINDER: CITY FURLOUGH DAY ON FRIDAY, DECEMBER 17
(Thursday, Dec. 16, 2010) – Please be advised that most City services and offices will be closed on
NOTE: The courtyard and Lane Gallery at Honolulu Hale will be open, from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m., for public viewing of the Honolulu City Lights tree and wreath exhibits.
· Satellite City Halls and Motor Vehicle Licensing and Permitting offices are closed.
· Gyms, recreation centers and swimming pools are closed.
· Botanical gardens are closed.
· People’s Open Markets will not be held.
· All permit offices, including camping permits are closed.
· Refuse and recycling convenience centers are closed.
The following services are NOT affected by the employee furlough.
No Service Change
· Police, firefighter, and lifeguard protection
· Emergency Medical Services (ambulance)
· Refuse collection and curbside recycling
· H-Power and landfill operations
· TheBus and TheHandi-Van
· Traffic Management Center
· Traffic contraflow coning
· Hanauma Bay
· Beach parks and comfort stations
· Park open spaces, playgrounds, playcourts, and comfort stations
· Golf courses
· Honolulu Zoo
· Royal Hawaiian Band regular performances
For more information, call 768-CITY (768-2489) or go to www.honolulu.gov.