|You are here: Main / Customer Services / Public Communications Division / 2010 / 2010 Honolulu City Lights - The celebration continues through the month of December|
The celebration continues through the month of December
(Mon., Dec. 13, 2010)The 2010 Honolulu City Lights celebration continues at Honolulu Hale through the month of December with lots of holiday attractions for the entire family. Mark your calendars for these special events, brought to you by the generous sponsors of Honolulu City Lights.
· December 16, 17, and 18 Café Cruiser serves hot chocolate to island families from 4:30 to 8:30 p.m. in the flagpole area in front of the
· December 17 HAWAII FOODSERVICE ALLIANCE and Kraft Foods Hawaii offer free milk and cookies to everyone from 6:30 to 8:30 in front of Honolulu Hale.
· December 18 KRAFT FOODS HAWAII, sponsors of the whimsical Gingerbread House in the Honolulu Hale Courtyard, will provide a 5 x 7 photo with Santa free from 7 to 9 p.m. The Clowns of Aloha will be on hand to entertain keiki with balloon art, face painting and glitter tattoos.
· December 13 25 Santa continues to hear children's wishes in the Gingerbread House in the Honolulu Hale Courtyard from 7 to 9 pm until Dec. 23.
· Christmas tree and wreaths on display from 8 a.m. until 11 p.m. at Honolulu Hale courtyard and
While you're at Honolulu Hale, donate to the annual Toys for Tots drive and make this Christmas merrier for a child.
· The TOYS FOR TOTS collection corner at the Honolulu Hale Courtyard is open each day through December 18. Please excite a child this Christmas with an unwrapped new toy and drop it off near the makai entrance of the Courtyard.
· December 17 The Pacific Outpost 501st Legion of Stormtroopers will help collect toys for Toys for Tots. Bring a new, unwrapped toy on December 17, from 6 to 9 p.m. and take a picture with your favorite character from Star Wars.
If you missed the opening night festivities, including the Tree Lighting Ceremony, Public Workers Electric Light Parade and Skygate concert or wish to see them again, highlights from each portion will be rebroadcast on KITV4 and Olelo Community Media stations from December 22 through 31.
KITV4 will air highlights of The Electric Light Parade on December 24 at 7 p.m., and again on Christmas Day, December 25, at 8 a.m. This special is made possible by parade co-sponsors the Hawaiian Electric Company.
Olelo will feature the tree lighting ceremony with Mayor and guests on December 22 at 2 p.m. on OAHU 52; December 24 at 6 p.m. on FOCUS 49; December 25 at 4:30 p.m. on
Olelo will also rebroadcast the parade on December 22 at 2:30 p.m. on
December 31 at 7 p.m. on FOCUS 49.
The Skygate concert will be rebroadcast on December 22 at 3:30 p.m. on OAHU 52; December 24 at 6:30 p.m. on FOCUS 49; December 25 at 5 p.m. on