MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. HOLIDAY SCHEDULE
(Wednesday, January 13, 2010) --- City government offices will be closed on Monday, January 18, in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, a federal and state holiday.
- Emergency ambulance, fire, lifeguard and police services will be available.
- The People’s Open Markets will not be held.
- Parks and Recreation centers, municipal golf courses, botanical gardens and the Honolulu Zoo will be open.
- Regular Monday refuse collections will be made and refuse convenience centers will be open.
- City buses will operate on a state holiday schedule. (For more information, click on routes and timetable links at TheBus website, www.thebus.org)
- The Handi-Vans will operate as usual.
- These traffic and parking regulations will be in effect:
- On-street parking will be free, except for the meters on Kalakaua Avenue along Kapiolani Park.
- Parking will be permitted in tow away zones as allowed on holidays.
- Traffic lanes will not be coned for contra flow.
- Traffic signals at Kalakaua Avenue and Kapiolani Boulevard will be three-phase to permit mauka traffic to turn left onto Kapiolani Boulevard.