|You are here: Main / Customer Services / Public Communications Division / 2010 / Real Property Tax Deadline Nears|
REAL PROPERTY TAX DEADLINE NEARS
(Wednesday, August 18, 2010) --- The Department of Budget and Fiscal Services announced today that payments for the first installment of
Tax bills have been mailed to all property owners, or agents servicing their accounts. Property owners who have not received a billing are advised to check immediately by calling (808) 768-3980, or by visiting www.honolulupropertytax.com, or going in person to the Real Property Collection Section, Division of Treasury, first floor of Honolulu Hale,
Payment can be made by:
· Mail. Payment must have a post office cancellation mark on or before the "DUE DATE".
· In Person. Pay with cash or check only by visiting the Real Property Tax Collection Section, Division of Treasury located on the first floor of Honolulu Hale, or with your original tax bill at any
· Curbside Drop Box. Located outside of
· Electronic Payment. Pay with a MasterCard or VISA credit card or debit card on-line at HTTP://www.hnlpay.com or by telephone
(877) 309-9117. Payments made by credit and debit cards are ONLY accepted on-line. A convenience fee is applied by the service provider, Official Payment Corp. and will be included at payment confirmation.
Property owners are reminded that Friday, August 20th is a holiday, and city agencies and satellite city halls will be closed, and that NON-RECEIPT of tax bills will not exempt them from meeting the tax payment deadline nor excuse them from being assessed a late penalty up to 10 percent plus interest of 12 percent a year. A fee of $25 will also be charged for dishonored payments.