|You are here: Main / Customer Services / Public Communications Division / 2010 / Revised Waianae Coast Land Use Plan Available For Public Review|
(Fri., Oct. 8, 2010)—Acting Mayor Kirk Caldwell today announced that an update of the Waianae Sustainable Communities Plan, the region’s long-range land use plan, is available for public review and comment. The draft revised plan addresses the community’s vision to keep the country “country” by setting policies and guidelines for public and private investments. Key elements of the draft revised plan call for:
· Maintaining a boundary that protects the region’s agriculture, open space, and natural resources;
· Promoting diversified agriculture;
· Enhancing educational and recreational resources;
· Improving the transportation and other infrastructure systems;
· Supporting a light industrial park in Lualualei;
· Supporting a
· Preserving cultural resources;
· Recognizing and adapting the ahupua‘a concept and incorporating principles of sustainability into the land use management process.
A community informational meeting on the draft revised plan will be held by the
The Plan is available at:
For more information, visit the Planning Division web page at
http://honoluludpp.org/planning/ or call the Planning Division at 768-8041.
Contact: Randy Hara