LABOR DAY HOLIDAY SCHEDULE
(Fri., September 2, 2011) – City government offices will be closed on Monday, September 5, in observance of Labor Day, a federal holiday.
- Emergency services will be available.
- People’s Open Markets will not be held.
- Municipal golf courses, the zoo, recreation centers and botanical gardens will be open.
- Regular day refuse collections will be made, and landfills and convenience centers will be open.
- Buses will operate on a Sunday schedule. (Specific information available at TheBus website at www.thebus.org) TheHandi-Van service will operate as usual.
These traffic and parking regulations will be in effect:
- On-street parking will be free, except for the meters on Kalakaua Avenue along Queen Kapiolani Park.
- Parking will be permitted in tow-away zones that allow parking on holidays.
- There will be no coning of traffic lanes.
- Traffic signals at Kalakaua Avenue and Kapiolani Boulevard will be three-phase to permit mauka-bound traffic to turn left onto Kapiolani Boulevard.