|You are here: Main / Customer Services / Public Communications Division / 2011 / 07/28/11 Family Fun At The Waimanalo Country Fair|
FAMILY FUN AT THE WAIMANALO COUNTRY FAIR
(Thu., July 28, 2011)—Mayor Peter Carlisle invites everyone to enjoy local entertainment, food and island crafts this weekend at the Waimanalo Country Fair, at
“This country fair offers a great way for visitors and residents to experience the community, charm and friendliness of Waimanalo,” said Mayor Carlisle. “City workers, volunteers and local organizations work extremely hard to make these regional events a success. I encourage everyone to come out, have a good time, and show their support.”
The event features E.K. Fernandez rides and games, food booths, an open market with vendors selling Waimanalo products, services and crafts. This year’s event will offer wristbands for $20 on Saturday and Sunday that are good for 10 rides. The wristbands must be purchased by 3 p.m. and used on the same day. Wristbands are only available at the fair grounds and multiple bands may be purchased.
The Waimanalo Country Fair features:
· Free parking on site.
· Carnival rides and games.
· A celebrity dunking booth sponsored by the Waimanalo Girls Softball Team.
· Food booths featuring a variety of restaurants, delicatessens and food vendors.
· An open market selling Waimanalo products, services, arts and crafts.
· More than 20 community and local entertainers.
· The Local Boys Motorcycle show.
· The Maltese Family Circus Troupe.
- 30 -
Media contact: Patty Kahanamoku Teruya, City special events coordinator, 768-3888.