INDEPENDENCE DAY HOLIDAY SCHEDULE
(Wed., June 27, 2012) — City government offices will be closed on Wednesday, July 4 in observance of Independence Day, a federal holiday.
- Emergency ambulance, fire, lifeguard and police services will be available.
- Municipal golf courses, parks, botanical gardens and the Honolulu Zoo will be open.
- Refuse will be collected.
- Landfills and refuse convenience centers will be open.
- City buses will operate on a Sunday schedule.
- The People's Open Markets will be closed.
- Blaisdell Center box office will be closed.
- Satellite City Halls and Driver License offices will be closed.
- On-street parking will be free, except for the meters on Kalakaua Avenue along Queen Kapiolani Park.
- Parking will be permitted in those tow-away zones that allow parking on holidays.
- Traffic lanes will not be coned.
- Motorists are reminded that parking in municipal lots with meters will not be free.