|You are here: Main / Neighborhood Commission Office / com / 05 / NC July Agenda|
CITY & COUNTY OF HONOLULU
Honolulu Hale, Room 400 530 South King Street Honolulu, Hawai`i 96813
Tel (808) 527-5749 Fax (808) 527-5760
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
TUESDAY, JULY 12, 2005
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS
PLEASE NOTE: To accommodate the business that must be considered at this meeting as listed on the agenda below, all speakers are encouraged to be brief (limit of 2 minutes for questions and comments unless otherwise directed by the Commission) and to the point in order to move the discussions forward. All interested persons will be afforded an opportunity to submit data, views, or arguments in writing and present oral testimony on any agenda item, pursuant to the “Sunshine Law” – Hawaii Revised Statutes Section 92-3. Thank you for your participation and cooperation!
1. Call to Order by Commission Chair Roy Wickramaratna
2. Roll Call of Commissioners; Establishment of Quorum (5)
3. Introduction of Executive Secretary Baybee Hufana-Ablan, Neighborhood Commission
Office Staff, and Deputy Corporation Counsel Present
4. Approval of the Regular Meeting Minutes of January 11, March 15, May 10, and June 14, 2005
5. Public Input [For Matters Not Otherwise Listed on the Agenda]
6. Election of Neighborhood Commission Officers for the 2005-2006 Year
7. Executive Secretary’s Report – Baybee Hufana-Ablan
8. Verification of Election Results by the Neighborhood Commission Pursuant to Section
3-7.9, Revised Neighborhood Plan 1986 (1998 edition)
9. Status Report on Pending Complaints Filed in Accordance With Chapter 1, Article 10 of
the Revised Neighborhood Plan 1986 (1998 edition)
10. Consideration of the Fiscal Year 2006 (July 1, 2005 to June 30, 2006) Budget Process
(City Council Bill 12, CD1 & CD2 Relating to the Executive Operating Budget),
Preparation of the Neighborhood Board System Budget, Preparation of Individual
Neighborhood Board Budgets, and Specific Budget Related Ideas
11. Consideration of Proposed Resolution Recommending that the “Neighborhood
Commission Office” be Renamed as the “Neighborhood Board System Office”
12. Consideration of Proposed Resolution Recommending that All Position Descriptions for
the Neighborhood Commission Office Staff, Including the Executive Secretary, be
Reviewed and Updated by the City Administration
13. Committee Reports
13.1. Budget – Kalene Shim Sakamoto
13.2. Elections – Roy Wickramaratna
13.3. Neighborhood Plan – Edward Gall & Roy Wickramaratna
13.4. Training – Jeanette Nekota
14. Commissioners’ Open Forum: Opportunity for General Discussion Regarding
Commission Administrative Matters, Planning for Future Meetings and Activities,
Networking, Coordination with Other Agencies and Organizations, Members’ Concerns,
Attendance at Neighborhood Board Meetings, Announcements, Etc.
15. Scheduling of Next Neighborhood Commission Regular Meeting: Tentatively to be
held on Tuesday, August 9, 2005 at 7:00 p.m. (The Neighborhood Commission usually
meets on the second Tuesday of the month at 7:00 p.m. at either Honolulu Hale or
Kapolei Hale.) To verify the meeting schedule and review the agenda, please call the
Neighborhood Commission Office at 527-5749.
16. Executive Session -- Pursuant to Hawaii Revised Statutes Sections 92-4 & 92-5(a)(4)
& (8), for the purpose of consulting with the Neighborhood Commission’s legal counsel
on questions and issues pertaining to the commission’s powers, duties, privileges,
immunities, and liabilities, especially in relation to the comprehensive revision effort of
the Revised Neighborhood Plan.
For further information, please contact the Neighborhood Commission Office at 527-5749.
A mailing list is maintained for interested persons and agencies to receive the Neighborhood Commission agenda and minutes. Additions, corrections, and deletions to the mailing list may be directed to the Neighborhood Commission Office, Honolulu Hale, Room 400,
530 South King Street, Honolulu, HI 96813; Telephone (808) 527-5749, Fax (808) 527-5760.
Neighborhood Commission agendas and minutes are available
on the internet at www.honolulu.gov.
Any disabled person requiring accommodation to be able to participate at this meeting may call the Neighborhood Commission Office at 527-5749 for information and assistance.
|Wednesday, July 06, 2005|